Entry Guidelines & Process
- The Middle East Public Relations Awards are open to all parties involved in the use of public relations for communication purposes; public relations consultancies, freelancers, in-house communications departments, digital agencies and media owners.
- The submitting company, agency or their client must be headquartered or have an operational base within the Middle East
- Companies or individuals may submit entries on behalf of themselves or others. It is the entrants’ responsibility to seek and ensure permission has been granted for the right to use the intellectual property of the brand or client entered. For categories recognising the performance of teams or consultancies rather than individuals or campaigns, financial and other figures should relate to your most recent financial year.
- Your entry must be submitted as a two-page PDF (A4). There is no word-count but your entry must be contained to two pages of A4 to qualify. This can be designed as you like, and the judges will welcome creativity in approach. The file should not be larger than 30MB and must be uploaded to the 2019 MEPRA Awards platform https://mepra.awardsplatform.com
- Please make sure all your entry details are entered correctly, including organisation and campaign name, as this will be used in the awards presentation if selected as a finalist.
- You are eligible to enter more than one category for each campaign, as long as the work submitted meets the specific criteria of each category. You will receive a 50% discount on multiple submissions for the same entry.
- Entry fees may be paid by credit card, cheque or bank transfer. An invoice will be issued at time of completing submissions. If your submissions have not been paid for at close of entry they will not be included for judging.
- To enter the Outstanding Young Communicator of the Year category you must be 29 years old or younger at the time of the entry deadline 30th September 2019.
- MEPRA’s Executive Director may carry out random due diligence checks on shortlisted entries, which will include confidential verification of information.
- Members: AED 800 per main entry
- Members: AED 400 per additional entry for same submission in each additional category
- Non-Members: AED 1,000 per main entry
- Non-Members AED 500 per additional entry for same submission in each additional category
Judging, Confidentiality & Publication
- All judges will sign confidentiality agreements prior to receiving your entries
- Organisations participating in the judging process are encouraged to enter the awards but will absent themselves from any discussion involving their organisation or any organisation in which they have an interest
- Judging criteria is clearly defined within each online entry, including score weighting
- A shortlist of the highest-scoring entries will be selected for each category. In each case, the winner will be the campaign with the highest score.
- An average score will be calculated based on the number of judges for that submission (judges will have to recluse themselves where there is a conflict of interest). 70% is required for an entry to be shortlisted.
- An independent adjudicator will be appointed to review the judging process. This adjudicator will also be available to review any issues raised by entrants.
- The organisers reserve the right to publish submissions from the winners and shortlisted entrants. Where certain information is sensitive, such as budget figures, please mark ‘not for publication
The judges will be looking for clear objectives, creative and effective implementation and tangible and demonstrable results in the campaign award categories. They will also consider the structure, presentation and clarity of each entry.
- Entry deadline: [30 September 2019] 11.59pm UTC + 4:00.
- Please note the entry deadline date is final, and there will be no extensions provided. The system will automatically prevent entry submission after the deadline.
- All entries must be for work substantially completed between 1 July 2018 and the entry deadline (30 September 2019)
- Finalists announced: [w/c 27 October 2019]
- Awards presentation ceremony: [20 November 2019]