Corporate Communications Manager at Action Global Communicationscareers
Award-winning Action UAE is Action Global Communications’ Middle East hub and is one of the Gulf’s most innovative and results-driven public relations consultancies. Headquartered at Dubai Media City, the heart of the region’s media and communications industry, Action UAE orchestrates local, regional and Pan-Arab campaigns on behalf of many local and international clients.
The multi-faceted and multi-lingual Action UAE team, numbers around 30 consultants whom collectively have many decades of combined experience operating in the Middle East. It is drawn from a diversity of agency backgrounds and industry experience – where each and every one is involved in the day-to-day delivery of client programmes.
The team’s make-up mirrors the multi national composition of the Gulf region and comprises English and Arabic speaking consultants, all of whom possess exceptional contacts within the region’s media and business community. Through this combination of international communications skills and local experience, we have amassed a diverse portfolio of industry expertise over a wide spectrum of sectors including aviation, arts & culture, travel & tourism, real estate, finance, oil & gas, IT, sports and FMCG.
Level: Communications Manager or Senior Communications Manager
Core Candidate Requirements:
- Driving license and own transport
- Excellent English writing proficiency; journalism experience preferable
- Proficiency in drafting content for financial services sector would be
- Agile, flexible and problem-solving mindset
- Develop and lead PR strategies from formulation through to execution, aligning with the client’s key business objectives, and integrating (where required) with social media and digital activities.
- Lead on planning and activating client campaigns and ongoing scope of work.
- Identify opportunities and suggest creative campaigns that will position the client positively in the media and with consumers.
- Using strong command of written English (and / or Arabic), lead on researching, and drafting and editing high-quality, ‘journalist standard’ editorial content (i.e. press releases and features) along with any other written copy required by the client such as Q&As, talking points, financial services-specific content, etc.
- Ensure all communication is engaging, relevant, consistent, credible, timely and in then appropriate writing style.
- Proofread final materials – including those of your colleagues – for sufficient newsworthiness, as well as the basics of correct spelling, grammar and sentence structure.
- Oversee the delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to meet client deadlines, ensuring reports contain relevant analysis of client activity and recommendations.
- Establish and build high-level media contacts, securing coverage in a variety of media outlets that are important to clients.
- Ensure team media lists and client materials are kept up to date and saved on the Action UAE server.
- Assist in managing crisis communications.
- Look for opportunities to grow the client’s scope of work and increase annual fees and revenue.
- Working knowledge and information gathering of the marketplace to help determine the best opportunities for clients.
- Oversee the development of a calendar of events or key occasions around which to proactively recommend commercial activities.
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed on time.
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior team. Lead client meetings.
- Supervise junior staff, their activity and workload on corresponding clients.
- Support in internal brainstorming sessions and create workable programmes including proposal writing for new business and existing clients.
- Proactively gain an understanding and working knowledge of all core communications disciplines across Action UAE, including social / digital media, design and production, with a focus on core PR, to provide a quality assurance check of project deliverables, assisting with the implementation of best practices and solutions across function.
- Stay abreast of communications industry trends.
- Support senior team and liaise on basic quotations and invoicing between finance teams and clients.
- Actively pursue new business leads and prospects.
- Note: Job descriptions are a guideline of staff responsibilities. Meeting or exceeding day-to-day responsibilities does not automatically merit a salary increase or promotion. Senior Management will review individual staff members annually based on performance and appraisals linked to (but not exclusively dictated by) job descriptions.
How to apply
Please send your CV with Cover letter to Kate Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Barry King at email@example.com, and Euan Megson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oops! We could not locate your form.