SOCIATE is a PR and marketing agency that also specializes in events and design. Each vertical of our business is unique – fueled by a combination of enthusiasm and industry expertise. Treating our projects like a Rubiks cube, we strategically approach them with creativity and determination. With our diverse services, we help clients find the best solution to suit their business needs.
This is an opportunity for an individual looking to enhance their PR portfolio and engage in agency life. You will be reporting to the PR Manager and PR Director. You will be responsible for contributing to the favourable public image of their specific clients by communicating programs, accomplishments and translating them into media messages. You will be part of the team that works on publicity programs and campaigns, improving the public image of a company, and clarifying a company’s point of view on important issues. You will report directly to the PR Manager and PR Director.
- Involvement in the development of PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to improve public perception of company and clients
- Drafting responses to information queries from media and the public
- Maintaining effective working relationships with local officials and media representatives
- Generating and sharing regular reporting measures to communicate overall coverage, share of voice and progress against targets
- Acting as a brand ambassador for SOCIATE, supporting and encouraging best practice use and communication of the brand
- Involved in the writing of press releases and media kits
- Under the guidance of their manager, a PR Executive will support the development of PR strategies aligned to key business objectives and brand positioning ambition
- Create a PR plan in support of the strategy and to reflect business development priorities
- Provide proactive ideas and suggestions to teams as to how they can generate PR-worthy content and messages
- Contribute to the development of regional PR plans, where appropriate, to ensure consistency and agreed priorities
- Develop strong relationships with the management team to act as the first point of contact for management led press releases and commentary
- Develop strong relationships with key spokespeople across the business to engage them in the most appropriate press activities; including regional managing partners, office managing partners, service line leads and sector leads
- Develop and maintain active relationships with key journalists across print, digital and broadcast media, making introductions and generating opportunities
- Be available to support any member of the SOCIATE team on a specific client interaction/event
- Responsible for taking and recording call notes and meeting minutes
- Attending competitor events and attending conferences
- Contribute to new business development
- Building and maintaining media lists
- Need to be comfortable with potentially lending support to SOCIATE’s other verticals, if needed, with appropriate guidance provided
- Actively engage in CPD activity to the benefit of the and to support the agency training and development plans
Educational Qualifications – Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or related field.
A number of years of experience – At least 2 years of experience in the field. It would be better if the candidate has at least 4 years of PR experience
Technical Qualifications – Knowledge of Microsoft Office, presentation software, G-suite, Dropbox, and all mainstream web browsers.
Skills & Abilities
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationship
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Excellent Arabic and English, written and verbal
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, both internally and externally.
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com