The Middle East Public Relations Association is a non profit "member" association based in the UAE. MEPRA is a self-governing and self-regulating body founded to set standards for the industry in the Middle East - we take our Codes and Ethics seriously.
MEPRA is managed by a lean group of volunteers and staff. The Board provides strategic and operational input, as well as playing a key role in the Association’s governance. The Board changes annually with members standing for election. Information on the current Board can be accessed by clicking through for further information.
As a professional association MEPRA needs an active membership to flourish. Our part of the bargain is ensuring that as members you get value for money and that the association serves you and, importantly, our constituents as a whole within the profession.
MEPRA's stated mission is to:
- Encourage and promotethe public relations profession within the Middle East region;
- Raise awarenessof public relations as an important social and economic activity;
- Raise professional standardsand provide a structure for continuing professional development;
- Provide practitioners with a forum to discuss PR issues;
- Provide a unified voice for the public relations profession around the area of best practice and promote thought leadership on issues relating to public relations.
twofour54 Abu Dhabi Media Zone Authority registration
In February 2010, twofour54 in Abu Dhabi's Media Zone adapted its articles of association to allow for a non profit registration. We completed the trade licence process in May 2010.
Global Alliance membership
In August 2010 MEPRA became an affiliate member of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management, a non profit organisation registered in the UK. With 28 national PR association members and 6 other affiliates, the Global Alliance represents PR practitioners around the world, basing its activities on the philosophy of “Generic principles with specific applications”.
Its stated vision “Leading the PR Profession Globally” has the Global Alliance not only embracing the value of diversity within the PR profession but also a focus on common principles within the profession.