Adapting UOWD’s Education Model in the Age of the Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has posed unprecedented challenges to the learning and education sector which resulted in the closure of universities across the UAE and shifting from in-person to online classes. APCO was appointed by University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) to launch an integrated communications campaign during the pandemic to rebuild student confidence, showcase UOWD’s robust digital infrastructure and position them as a forward-thinking university. Our communication efforts supported UOWD’s business objective during the pandemic resulting in:
– Increase in total applications. Including an increase in international applications, during a pandemic where travel was not allowed.
– Rise in total payments against same time last year.
– Significant increase in social media engagement.
– Strong increase in total average leads generated.
– Increase in Advertising Value Equivalency (AVE).
– Positive testimonials and feedback from students on the new virtual formats of the open day, one-to-one digital consultation, virtual masterclasses and customer service from staff.