About MEPRA’s support for students
The MEPRA Student Chapter focuses on meeting the needs of students and graduates as they prepare to enter the communications profession. Through this programme, student members can grow their network, build knowledge through focused workshops and gain access to industry resources and training to further develop their skills prior to entering the workforce. University members of MEPRA receive access to internship opportunities with some of the region’s top communication consultancies for their students, free ‘beyond the classroom’ workshops with industry professionals, one-on-one support through our MEPRA Youth Board Student-Connect programme. access to guest lecturers, access to CIPR’s continuous professional development platform which includes 1,000 free webinars and training resources, plus discounts to industry events and more. University membership starts at AED 3,950 p/a.
MEPRA also offers student membership for those who want to join the MEPRA community but are not part of a university membership. The MEPRA Student Chapter is your entry into the communications profession. We believe that the region’s students will become the public relations leaders of tomorrow; we are committed to supporting students across the region who either currently specialise in a communication-related subject and wish to join the profession, or those who see themselves pursuing a career in PR and are seeking experience in the field.
As the region’s leading industry body for public relations, student members of MEPRA will benefit from a variety of resources and opportunities to kick-start a career in the communications profession as well as improving their practical understanding.
Student Member Benefits
MEPRA Student Members are in the best possible position to increase their employability, enrich their CV and gain direct exposure to the industry’s leaders. MEPRA University or Student membership includes the following benefits:
- Access to MEPRA’s virtual workshops led by industry professionals, held every two weeks on a range of topics and trends
- Access to MEPRA’s ‘Case in Point’ sessions, which include a deep dive presentation on some of the region’s biggest campaigns
- Access to exclusive internship placements to increase chances of workplace opportunities
- Access to guest lecturers to deliver case studies or presentations on new industry trends
- Access to the MEPRA Youth Board Student-Connect Programme, which offers one-on-one support on project review, career goal planning, CV prep, interview prep and more
- Access to MEPRA’s Beyond the Classroom Series, created specifically for student members, these workshops will help you prepare for entering the PR workforce
- Access to regional case study presentations
- Discount on MEPRA industry events
- Ability to represent your university in MEPRA’s Student Pitch Challenge free of charge
- Access to local industry research and thought leadership
- Discounted PR Week news subscription
University Membership starts at only AED3,950 p/a; Student Membership is only AED 300 p/a.
Employers: Search for Interns using student member portal
All MEPRA registered members can connect with students and recent graduates for internship opportunities by using the MEPRA dedicated student portal. The portal includes MEPRA student member profiles which include their CV, cover letter and any relevant experience.
MEPRA is also offering members the opportunity to advertise internship placements within the portal. These internship advertisements are free and part of membership. Please contact email@example.com if you would be interested in posting an internship vacancy.
To help navigate internship programmes, MEPRA has developed an internship toolkit which includes guidelines, tips and resources on managing a placement. Read through our programme toolkit here.
MEPRA’s University Members