The MEPRA Student Chapter focuses on meeting the needs of students and graduates as they prepare to enter the communications profession. Through this program, student members can grow their network, build knowledge through focused workshops and gain access to industry resources and training to further develop their skills prior to entering the workforce. Student Chapter members have access to internship opportunities with some of the region’s top communication consultancies and corporate teams through the MEPRA Student Member Portal.
The MEPRA Student Chapter is your entry into the communications profession. We believe that the region’s students will become the public relations leaders of tomorrow; we are committed to supporting students across the region who either currently specialise in a communication-related subject and wish to join the profession, or those who see themselves pursuing a career in PR and are seeking experience in the field.
As the region’s leading industry body for public relations, student members of MEPRA will benefit from a variety of resources and opportunities to kick-start a career in the communications profession as well as improving their practical understanding.
Student Member Benefits
MEPRA Student Members are in the best possible position to increase their employability, enrich their CV and gain direct exposure to the industry’s leaders. MEPRA Student Chapter membership includes the following benefits:
- Access to 4 x complimentary student-focused events with leading industry professionals
- Access to exclusive internship placements to increase chances of workplace opportunities
- Access to the MEPRA Student Pitch Challenge, and the chance to win membership
- Discount on MEPRA training courses and industry events
- One complimentary pass to member exclusive events e.g. breakfast seminars
- Access to local industry research and thought leadership
- Discounted PR Week news subscription
- Student membership fee guaranteed for 1 year from date of expected graduation as post-graduate; Individual membership fee introduced thereafter.
The membership fee for the MEPRA student chapter is: AED 300 per student.
Discount of 10% available for a group of 10 students who register together.
For more information, read through our programme guideline here.
MEPRA’s University Members