Earlier this month we surveyed 72 organisations to better understand the impact of COVID-19 on our industry and the issues affecting our members.
The survey revealed:
- 53% of respondents will see a significant decrease in projects and activity in Q2, 2020
- 66% of respondents believe the PR industry will be “Hit hard with potential big business consequences”
- More than 60% of total respondents have a negative outlook for their business, for the rest of 2020
- 63% of agency respondents and around 40% of in-house respondents say they will see a significant decrease in projects and activity for Q2, 2020
- 41% of respondents are considering redundancies to mitigate the business impact of COVID-19
- 31% of private sector in-house respondents have already made redundancies, followed by 23% of agency respondents and 10% of government or semi-government
Although the survey revealed it is a distressing time for the majority of our industry, the responses allow all of us to have informed conversations about these issues as we move beyond it. The more informed we are, the better prepared we will be to get through these trying times.
We will run regular surveys to continue to monitor the state of our industry. Thank you for your support.
Download the infographic with results here.