#GetFitWithJumeirah: Talise Spa wellbeing team’s advice on practicing yoga at home
Dubai, UAE, April 2020: People across the globe are adapting to the ‘new normal’ and embracing staying home with family and loved ones. Jumeirah wants to bring a world of difference into your home and encourage you to carve out some ‘me’ time and focus on your health and wellbeing during these unique times.
#StayHomeWithJumeirah and be inspired by tips and advice from Talise Spa wellbeing team on practicing yoga at home. Take a deep breath, exhale and discover its benefits on both the body and mind – something that is needed now more than ever.
To get you started, the only ‘equipment’ needed to practice yoga at home is a yoga mat, a bottle of water for hydration, and a towel.
Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga and meditation are a great way to boost your immune system and encourage blood circulation, which in turn relaxes your body, mind and soul.
- Adding yoga to your daily routine can help calm and ease any anxiety.
- There are a lot of useful breathing techniques in yoga practice, which can be used post-workout to bring your heartrate down, or at any time during the day.
Top Tips to Practice Yoga at Home
- Start with 20-40 minutes yoga per day, before breakfast. This is a great time to practice Sun Salutations and be energised for the day.
- In the morning, drink a glass of warm water before your practice to activate your digestive system.
- Practice in a space where you won’t be interrupted during your flow.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes.
- Focus on your breathing and implement slow, smooth movements.
- In the evening, meditation is recommended to wind down for the day. When the sun goes down, we require less energy and therefore this should be reflected in our yoga practice.
Tips to Practice Yoga with Families
- Simple yoga sequence with a focus on breathing.
- Laughing yoga is particularly popular with children and families as it brings everyone together for a moment of light-heartedness.
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates and manages a world-class portfolio of 15 properties in the Middle East, including the flagship Burj Al Arab, 5 properties in Europe and 4 in Asia with 10 properties currently under construction around the globe.
For more information, please contact:
Cluster PR & Communications Manager